Theremins and Me on Storage Wars!

Posted: 11/17/2015 7:27:06 AM
theremin137

I'll be on an episode of "Storage Wars" Tuesday, November 17th.

The show will air on A&E -- West Coast at 6:30 p.m. and East Coast at 9:30 p.m.

For those who have never seen the show, each week a group of people gather at a storage facility to bid on abandoned storage lockers.

In the show I'll be on (entitled "There's No Business Like Snow Business"), one of the regular bidders, Mary Padian, finds a strange device in one of the storage lockers she won.

The show's producers looked for an "expert" (that would be me hahaha!) to identify and appraise the device. Yes, you guessed it -- the "strange device" is a theremin.

The segment was shot in a renovated, historic warehouse space just east of downtown Los Angeles, called Loft Ensemble.

Air dates have been juggled around a few times but I got a call from one of the producers confirming that it will be airing tomorrow night.

(Note: This was shot back in May before I "cleaned up my act," when I still had my goatee and hoop earring...!)

Here's a link to a quick preview:

http://www.aetv.com/shows/storage-wars/video/preview-theres-no-business-like-snow-business

Should be fun!

Posted: 11/18/2015 5:56:18 AM
Jason

Nice! I'm watching the episode right now. You're looking great even if it was back in your "punk rocker" days :)

Bummer someone left it in a storage locker to rot!

$300 for a used Etherwave Plus is actually a pretty good deal.

Posted: 11/18/2015 6:15:32 AM
theremin137

That's what I was thinking - that $300 was a good deal, considering that it worked and had the matching Moog amp. I had no idea what kind of theremin they had until I showed up for the shoot, so I wasn't able to look up SRPs or anything. And if it had been an RCA I planned to say, "It could be worth anywhere from $10 to $10,000 depending on condition and provenance."

Mary Padian's a real sweet gal -- her personality is just as it comes off on the show. We had a lot of fun together that day.

Posted: 11/25/2015 11:02:04 AM
coalport

For anyone who missed the episode, here is a video of Charles Lester’s theremin segment on STORAGE WARS.

https://youtu.be/6l3yOla12uk

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.