The world needs more!

Posted: 12/20/2015 8:26:24 PM
werewolfsound

Hi all,

I was working today on a design for my website severed.garden

As I love theremin (although I don´t have one yet :( ) I decided to make it part of my avatar. The problem came when I showed it to a few friends and, while they realized that the green thing is a parrot -kind of :P  many of them asked me: ´What´s the black thing? an amp? is it a mic?´

My fellow the parrot

Ok, maybe I need to improve my drawing skills but... I´m afraid not too many people know a thing about theremin. I am a guitarrist and many friends of mine are musicians too, and when I talk about theremin they don´t know what I am talking about.

The most famous thereminists have 2.5-6.5K youtube subscribers (Peter Pringle, Thomas Grillo, Carolina Eyck...) any other famous good musicians (guitarists, bands, singers) have hundredsK of followers.

What can we do to thereminize the world? I think we should make a worldwide campaign to make theremin a famous or at least a 'usual' instrument. Why? Becouse World deserves Theremin.

So, if you think I´m right and you have any idea, please leave it in the comments below or write me a PM, Let´s start a big campaign :)

Cheers!

Posted: 12/21/2015 8:19:13 PM
Jason

100% agree!  We need more theremin enthusiasts and more people who can play the theremin really really well.

Personally, I'm very excited about the Kid Cool Theremin School concept. Helping children learn about the theremin is the perfect opportunity. It exposes them to ideas about sound, music, and movement at an early age, and it gives them plenty of time to learn as they grow up.

I'd love to see a theremin in every school that kids could experiment with. Most will make fart noises and think it's hilarious, but they'll have fond memories of getting to play with magic as a kid. Some will love the scientific aspect of it and will grow up to be electrical engineers. Others will love the musical aspect and will learn to play it as an instrument.

I encourage everyone who reads this to work with a local school to try to get a theremin into a music class.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.