Haken Continuum as a Theremin Effect

Posted: 2/12/2016 2:16:11 AM
rkram53

That was fast. Sally just approved me for the continuum Facegroup group. But all of a sudden Groucho Marx's famous line comes into my mind for some reason.

OK I'm posting now on Facebook. I guess I can start back up with the theremin talk here.

Posted: 2/12/2016 5:21:42 AM
RSchwim

Which one? "If I were any closer to you I'd be in back of you"

Just kidding...

Posted: 2/14/2016 12:42:25 PM
rkram53

And I absolutely love "rickyram". Best contortion of my name ever. The Facebook Group is not the same as ThereminWorld. I like this form of interaction better to be honest. I guess there is a Facebook Theremin group too, but I can see Facebook Continuum Group is going to keep me busy.

Posted: 2/14/2016 5:41:08 PM
rkram53

Coalport - thanks for coaxing me into the Facebook Continuum site - things are heating up there.

Posted: 2/14/2016 7:09:01 PM
dewster

"There is just no other instrument like the continuum." - rkram53

It appears (I say this because I've never touched nor even seen one) to be a tight, very well thought out combination of controller and custom specialized synth, which I feel is necessary for an electronic musical instrument to be perceived as a "thing" or legitimate musical instrument in its own right.  A synth that can do too many things might actually be an impediment to this perception, as traditional acoustic instruments have one sound more or less.

There's absolutely no way any modern synth manufacturer would even think about marketing something like it (too risky, no polymaths on engineering staff, management doesn't have a clue, etc.), which is a total shame.  I would love to be employed by a synth company but they've all got their heads in the sand (and almost all are located in Japan or Korea).  The commercial synth and controller market is a dumbed-down retro wasteland.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.