Advanced Theremin Playing Videos

Posted: 5/4/2016 11:47:30 AM
coalport

For those of you who are interested in my ADVANCED THEREMIN PLAYING video series, I have just posted #4 to YooChoob, and it is on my website (URL below).

I don’t know how many of these videos I will make but my guess is I will just keep on churning them out until it’s no fun anymore. When I began this, the talks were intended for people who already had a lot of experience playing the theremin, but I’m not sure the videos are of much use to that particular group because they already have their own way of playing and their individual approach to music, they are probably happy with what they are doing, and they are unlikely to be influenced by anything anyone says.

A lot of people think of the techniques of playing the theremin much as they might think of a recipe for a delicious stew. “Just show me how to do it, and then I’ll have it forever”. If only it were that simple! The whole endeavor is more like learning to play pro tennis - it will require many hours of dedicated practice. Over the years, I have heard many people say they are looking for a theremin teacher to give them one or two lessons, just so they know the basics, and then they can do the rest themselves. 

It doesn’t work quite that way, and you really have to love it and be in it for the long haul if you want to get anywhere. Ennyhoo, here's number four, hope you can enjoy it and maybe, in some small way, it will help to get you where you want to go.

http://www.peterpringle.com/advanced.html

Posted: 12/15/2016 9:34:12 AM
pegamin

Trying to watch, but "...this video doesn't exist" :(

Posted: 8/22/2017 1:32:08 PM
AlKhwarizmi

Yes, the videos show as unavailable... I suppose "it's no fun anymore" but it would be great if you could upload the already existing videos to Youtube or elsewhere for those of us who missed them!

Posted: 12/11/2017 8:25:30 AM
photonios

Hello

Do you know how and where can I find to purchase Peter Pringle's DVD for theremin?

I am looking for it and cannot find it anywhere. Thank you!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.