Peter Termen plays NN music on YaC-2017

Posted: 6/3/2017 8:59:58 AM
ILYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bfI3bhiRa4

Google translation:

"For those who missed yesterday's opening of YaC 2017, we explain what happened on the stage.
The chamber ensemble, consisting of strings and theremin, performed the music that our neural network, written on the works of Alexander Scriabin, wrote. The neural network was created by Yandex staff Alexey Tikhonov and Ivan Yamschikov, and the arrangement and score was assisted by the composer and expert on Scriabin's creative work Maria Chernova.
This presentation is an excellent example of how a person and artificial intelligence can interact and create the beautiful already today: not only in the applied technical, but also in the creative sphere. The main part on the theremin was played by Pyotr Termen, the great-grandson of the creator of the musical instrument."
Posted: 6/3/2017 3:11:12 PM
dewster

Kind of ironic that he's playing a Moog. :-)  And it seems he has insulated the pitch antenna.

The background visuals are overblown and distracting IMO. 

Posted: 6/3/2017 3:26:51 PM
oldtemecula

Pyotr Termen you have not visited this board in while. Your performance was wonderful and the laser lighting effects were creative. Kind of like what I see when I rub my eyes.

ILya thanks for posting. Where did all the extra carriage returns go, I thought maybe you needed space? laughing

Christopher

Posted: 6/3/2017 6:19:32 PM
ILYA

"maybe you needed space?"  - Christopher

a habit to clear the space around the instrument.laughing

Posted: 6/3/2017 8:56:42 PM
ILYA

"The background visuals are overblown and distracting IMO." - dewster

For me too, but do not forget that Scriabin was a pioneer of multimedia art (refer Prometheus: The Poem of Fire)

Posted: 6/4/2017 11:31:23 AM
dewster

"For me too, but do not forget that Scriabin was a pioneer of multimedia art (refer Prometheus: The Poem of Fire)"  - ILYA

They need a warning for epileptics!  ;-) 

I've never seen one in action, but I think I would prefer full-hall lighting of a color organ here.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.