New Forum Editor

Posted: 3/16/2018 5:27:03 PM
Jason

I've updated the editor we use in the forums.

The old one had lots of quirks that made development really tricky, and it loaded a lot more code than we really used. The new editor is much smaller, so forums pages should load faster.

A big change is that the forums now use bbcode formatting. You probably don't need to care about this level of detail, but if you click the "" icon on the editor toolbar you'll see what I mean. bbcode is a popular markup language for use in forums on the web, so you might already be familiar with it.

I've tried to replicate as much functionality as possible from our previous forums implementation. That said, if you find a missing feature or a bug, please let me know.

Warning - forum posts were previously stored in a different format. I've also tried to automatically convert the old HTML-based format to bbcode as much as possible, but if you try to edit really old posts strange things may happen. Sorry... this is the best I can do for now.

I hope you enjoy the new editor!

Posted: 3/16/2018 9:38:50 PM
Jason

A couple of people have reported problems trying to post. Feel free to send me a private message if you're having problems and let me know which browser & version you are using.

Another thing to try is to hit F5 (on Windows) and refresh your browser. You might have an old copy of the form code cached in your browser, and sometimes a refresh can help.

Posted: 3/16/2018 11:28:46 PM
oldtemecula

Yes on a PC Windows 7 holding the ctrl key and then press F5 everything looks good so far.

Jason you are the best!

Posted: 3/16/2018 11:29:33 PM
Jason

Yes on a PC Windows 7 holding the ctrl key and then press F5 everything looks good so far.Jason you are the best!

Glad it's working for you now!

Posted: 3/17/2018 11:18:03 AM
JPascal

Many thanks, Jason! Everything works well and faster. Upload graphic is simplified. Firefox did it all. 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.