Theremin playing constant note

Posted: 5/20/2020 10:42:30 PM
lazymary13

Hi! I finally purchased a Moog Etherwave theremin a few days ago after years of wanting to learn. I plugged it and and put it on a stand, but it is making a constant note the whole time it's on, even if i'm not touching it, unless I have the pitch dial turned all the way to the right. Is it likely that that's normal and just where it should be for the room i'm in, or am I doing something wrong?  I have it as far away from any large objects as I can get it. Sorry, i'm a total begginer! 

Posted: 5/21/2020 1:19:34 PM
dewster

Because the volume field is farther = louder, this is normal behavior.  Many folks drape the audio cord over the volume antenna when leaving it alone in order to mute it.  Does it otherwise behave like you expect when playing it?  Where do you set the pitch knob when you're playing it?

Posted: 5/21/2020 2:46:00 PM
lazymary13

Okay, thank you so much for your reply!  It is working how I expected other than that, I was just finding it hard to get it in tune because of the constant note that was playing when I moved the pitch dial. I had it set all the way to the right the last time I played it because that was the only place I could get it to stop making a constant noise, but if that is normal then i'll have a play about with it. Thanks again.  X 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.