Hello from Wales

Posted: 10/30/2020 2:38:33 PM
ikjoyce

Hello! I'm Ian, I live in North Wales, and I've just bought an Etherwave plus after decades of wanting to try theremin but never quite having the guts. I play piano/keyboards, tin whistle (badly!), and modular synth - hence getting the Etherwave Plus. My musical tastes cover a wide range from weird noisy experimental, ambient, minimalist, rock, punk, classical, through baroque and renaissance and out the other side. My plans for the theremin are to add an expressive and melodic voice to the repertoire, I have enough other tools for making weird scifi noises with.
I've started watching lots of videos, including the usual suspects (not the film, I doubt Keyser Soze would be much help), and today was my first practice session going through some very basic set up, standing still and shallow breathing exercises and a few horribly wobbly and out of tune scales. 
Hopefully it wont be too long before the cat stops miaowling and I start sounding at least a bit tuneful!
Cheers, 
  Ian

Posted: 11/5/2020 2:39:19 AM
gingercat

Kip Rosser's tutorial is the most extensive - I'm no expert but he seems to have the most detailed lessons and heaps of them

Posted: 11/5/2020 8:13:31 PM
ikjoyce

Yeah, I've been looking at those, now I've found out how to watch them in order :-) 

Posted: 11/5/2020 8:19:03 PM
gingercat

Yeah, I've been looking at those, now I've found out how to watch them in order :-)

lol yeah I know its not easy - I even considered contacting him at one point and offering to turn the lesson list into links directly to the videos

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.