Pitch antenna question

Posted: 1/4/2022 7:27:22 PM
gravy

Hi,

I recently bought an Etherwave Plus with the ESPE01 module installed- for a couple months I played it on a table and it worked just fine. However, I recently bought a stand and the pitch range feels very short... Though when I put my hand under the side where the pitch antenna is, the pitch works as it did before... Is this normal, or was my theremin tuned on a table? I'm confused as to what the problem may be. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted: 1/4/2022 7:48:16 PM
dewster

"Is this normal, or was my theremin tuned on a table?"  - gravy

Yes, it sounds like your EW+ was tuned on a table, lots of extra capacitance in that scenario.  You'll probably have to retune it on the stand if you want to play it that way.

Posted: 1/5/2022 10:36:45 AM
Spider76

I had the same problem with my Etherwave: when I got it I didn't have a microphone stand, so I started to play it on a table and everything was great. 
Then I bought a proper stand, thinking that things would only get better, and instead it became almost unplayable!
I opened it up and calibrated it (a bit nervously, as I'm not a real tech-head), and now it's perfect! It's not the most straightforward procedure but not really difficult either, just a bit long and tedious. 
But it's better to learn it, because it's something you will need to do every once in a while. In the end it's not much different from guitar players (or almost any other acoustic players), who have to know how to tune their instrument.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.