Keppinger schematics needed

Posted: 4/2/2022 10:19:51 PM
mraroid

Hi folks...

I built (well, I am 90% finished) a Keppinger vacuum tube theremin.  It was his first one, not the second one.  I went to the forum on this site, but when I clicked on any of the schematics nothing happned.  Have theyh been removed??

Anyone have them?  I reaally need a copy.

My home email addy is:  mraroid@gmail.com  You can send them to that email address, or drop me a line here. What ever works for you.

Thanks so much everyone,

Jack

Posted: 4/3/2022 1:25:17 PM
ILYA

http://www.thereminworld.com/files/projects/mktheremin/mkschematic1.pdf

http://www.thereminworld.com/files/projects/mktheremin/mkschematic2.pdf

For me it works ok.

Posted: 4/3/2022 4:28:20 PM
moonlightdog

Hi ILYA,

how about showing some respect and getting your profile picture out of here?

Otherwise, I beg the admin to do it immediately!

Posted: 4/3/2022 6:22:29 PM
mraroid

http://www.thereminworld.com/files/projects/mktheremin/mkschematic1.pdfhttp://www.thereminworld.com/files/projects/mktheremin/mkschematic2.pdfFor me it works ok.

So thankful for the links.  I tried two different browsers, two different computers and no joy.  I will look into my problem.

Thank you again!

mraroid

Posted: 4/3/2022 6:24:14 PM
mraroid

Hi ILYA,how about showing some respect and getting your profile picture out of here? Otherwise, I beg the admin to do it immediately!

I meant no disrespect.  I will find a profile photo and post it with in the next hour.

My apologies to you and anyone else I offended.

Sincerely,

mraroid

Posted: 4/3/2022 9:27:54 PM
mraroid

Ilya...

Thank you again for the schematics.  I am building the Keppinger MK-1.  Are the links you posted for that version?
Just checking.  I had to stop building it when I was out of the country, but now I am back and want to finish it.

best,

mraroid

Posted: 4/4/2022 3:53:27 PM
ILYA

Jack,
a'm sorry, but I'm not an expert on Keppinger theremin.
I just collect different schematics and roughly remember where I downloaded them from.

My friend, Oleg (a.k.a Ancient) tried to build that theremin and we discussed
some points of design/tuning. He graded Keppinger theremin as "very capricious
and sensitive to any sorts of things".

Still don't know if he got an acceptable result, I haven't called him in months.

Posted: 4/4/2022 9:04:23 PM
oldtemecula

I had to build a tube theremin to understand how the authentic classic sound comes about. The main secret is the two pitch oscillators must not know the other one exists. Separate the two oscillator coils as much as possible. I believe that was the fatal flaw in the Keppinger design, weak inductive coupling between the coils. There is nothing more that is special about the coil design, notice I use the standard IF coil. Here is my tube sound using two of the boards seen in the image. Oddly a tube theremin design has very little, if any thermal drift issues.

If you dare my final analog build with classic passionate expression: solid state sound sample.

Good Luck with your build as she will test you, over & over. . . LOL

Edit: Looking at the schematic L1 & L5 do not have a DC current so if all else fails you could hide the IF transformers inside the coil tube at the base, you are already faking it, the classic sound is what you want. The IF Transformers I use the coil is inside a ferrite cup which better contains the inductive field.

Posted: 4/6/2022 6:02:39 PM
mraroid

Ilya...

After looking at my build, I see that you posted the correct schematics.  Thank you again for your help!

mraroid

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.