Analog volume responses

Posted: 4/18/2022 4:32:14 PM
galen

Hi all,

I’m trying to figure out if I want to keep my Claravox or exchange it for a new Etherwave. I love the sound of the analog oscillator on the Claravox — I have not yet succeeded in dialing in an equally rich “acoustic” sound with the digital oscillators. However, the fact that the analog oscillator cannot be completely muted annoys me. In addition, my Claravox has an intermittent burbling issue, where it will occasionally not hold a totally steady tone unless I nudge the merge pitch knob (this happens in both traditional and modern modes). Given that I don’t really care about the digital engine, I’m wondering if an Etherwave is a better fit for me. I know the Etherwave is very new, but does anyone know if it (or its predecessors) suffered from these issues like the Claravox does? Is there anything else to consider when going from the Claravox to the Etherwave?

Thanks!

Posted: 4/18/2022 4:33:42 PM
galen

I’m also curious about the basic tonal differences between these models, if people have any experience with both. Thanks again. 

Posted: 4/18/2022 4:47:15 PM
bendra

Hi all,I’m trying to figure out if I want to keep my Claravox or exchange it for a new Etherwave. I love the sound of the analog oscillator on the Claravox — I have not yet succeeded in dialing in an equally rich “acoustic” sound with the digital oscillators. However, the fact that the analog oscillator cannot be completely muted annoys me. In addition, my Claravox has an intermittent burbling issue, where it will occasionally not hold a totally steady tone unless I nudge the merge pitch knob (this happens in both traditional and modern modes). Given that I don’t really care about the digital engine, I’m wondering if an Etherwave is a better fit for me. I know the Etherwave is very new, but does anyone know if it (or its predecessors) suffered from these issues like the Claravox does? Is there anything else to consider when going from the Claravox to the Etherwave?Thanks!

My etherwave plus does not have this volume issue you mention; my guess would be that the new version won't either. I don't think Claravox traditional mode is very satisfactory, if you don't want to use the modern mode you are not using a lot of the instrument's capabilities. 

Posted: 4/18/2022 5:04:30 PM
galen

That’s very useful — thanks. 

Posted: 4/19/2022 2:47:44 AM
bisem

Hi all,I’m trying to figure out if I want to keep my Claravox or exchange it for a new Etherwave.  

Can you really exchange it?  I'm curious about where you bought the Vox.

Posted: 4/19/2022 5:09:08 AM
galen

Can you really exchange it?  I'm curious about where you bought the Vox.

I got it at Sweetwater, and am still in the return period.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.