PHOENIX / SURROUNDING AREAS Theraminist

Posted: 4/25/2022 4:46:19 PM
ilanakw

Hi. I just received my theramin, and although I know there are a lot of online options to learning the basics, I don't really learn well that way. I am a violinist, and I understand all of the theory behind the scale and spaces between notes, but I also know that without a strong technique to start, one can bake in a lot of wrong stuff that will affect future playing. I am in the East Valley and I have been unsuccessful thus far in finding someone that I can sit with once or twice to get started. Are you that person??????? I would so appreciate hearing from you. THANK YOU!

Posted: 1/1/2023 2:33:53 AM
DarkShadows

ilanakw, I'm  a newbie player, built a vacuum tube theremin a couple months ago and more recently picked up a used Moog Etherwave standard on Craigslist.  I've been practicing and can carry a tune now.  I'm also in the east valley (AJ) and have done a bit of searching for thereminists in the area, but haven't found any until now.  If you are interested in meeting, let me know.  

Posted: 1/4/2023 3:24:48 PM
DarkShadows

Are there  any other Arizona thereminists out there, or am I the only one?

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.