June 6th DreadVox in De Salon in Ruigoord, Amsterdam, NL

Posted: 5/31/2022 12:19:42 AM
DreadVox

DreadVox (Paul op de Weegh - handpan, percussion, didgeridoo, various other instruments and voice, and Dread Rat a.k.a. Rasta Robert - theremin, didgeridoo, various other instruments and voice) will play an improvised performance / concert at the free Vurige Tongen Festival (poetry, music, gesamtkunstwerke) in the artists' enclave Ruigoord, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Venue: De Salon, time: 18:30 - 19:30. Free entry.

Vurige Tongen 2022 webpage (Dutch)

Posted: 5/31/2022 5:56:44 PM
DOMINIK

Congrats and best wishes to your performance!

Posted: 6/1/2022 2:40:58 PM
Yngvox Moogsteen

Have fun.  Wish you a large and happy crowd....
I will be there in spirit...

Posted: 6/2/2022 12:44:49 AM
Yngvox Moogsteen

My wife is having trouble logging in but asked me to wish you and your show much success.

Posted: 6/2/2022 3:55:42 AM
DreadVox

Thanks Dominik, Yngvox and Yngvox's wife!

Not counting a couple of jamsessions I attended this year, it'll be my first gig with the subscope. I'll try if I can get some of it captured, at least audio, maybe even some video too. I'm looking forward to it and I'm also a bit nervous and apprehensive. First gig and festival of the year/season, with a few gear upgrades and after having some time to get to know the featuresand particularities of my subscope. It feelslike a adventure,and I know the place and the audience there to be quite magical and inspiring, people who come to what's in the first place a poetry festival are for the most attentive, interested and open listeners, interspacing music with some theremin stories/history/brief explanation in between playing mayalso fit the occasion, but we tend to not plan very much ahead and let ourselves also be surprised about how we fill the hour, improvising where ever the inspiration and atmosphere bring us.

As much as Ruigoord and its festivals are occasions bringing may artists, poets, writers, musicians and kindred souls together the theremi hasn'tbeen often seen there yet, I did one of my first gigs with my etherwave + and a loop station with pre-recorded loop-based backing tracks. Faye Lovski has once played a concert in Ruigoord, which as far as the Ruigoord people could tell was the only other time they had seen/heard/experienced anyone playing a theremin in the village. So there is something of an unfilled niche there, I feel.

Back in the days when hardly anyone had heard of the didgeridoo I was one of 4 or 5 people from different European countries showing up and introducig the didgeridoo in Ruigoord too, so my my musical journey has been entwined with Ruigoord for a long time and it is a community and location that is close to my heart and full of magic, music, poetry, thinkers, storytellers, deep discussions, and meaningful encounters and talks.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.