[UK] Hands Off 2007 - Activities

Posted: 10/8/2006 9:01:50 AM
coco

Last February, I attended theremin workshops in Germany given by Barbara Buchholz and Wilco Botermans. They didn't give private lessons but lessons for a bunch of people (we were 7 at the most if i recall properly. There were 3 courses : beginners, advanced and proficiency. Of course, one learn less this way than with a private lesson but it could be a solution if a lot of people are willing to take a lesson.

It's indeed a great news that Pamelia is willing to come to the event. I'm studying under her and she's -to my mind- a greatplayer and a great teacher.
Posted: 12/30/2006 7:18:08 PM
Alexander

I'm most definitely up for doing a set, and helping out any other way I can! This looks like so much fun, yes indeed.
Posted: 1/12/2007 10:26:02 AM
GordonC

And we can add the amazing Spacedog UK (http://spacedog.biz/) (Sarah Angliss) to the list. (If you visit her site, check the Other Sites page for links to her youTube and mySpace presences.)

So watch out for demos of some or all of musical saw, waterphone and evolutionary robot thereminists.
Posted: 2/5/2007 5:31:23 AM
GordonC

Two more for the list...

Lydia Kavina, thereminist for Messer Chups, (and also a classical thereminist in her own right) will be performing, and giving a master class. It is most likely there will be extracurricular opportunities for private tuition too.

And...

[b]Charlie Draper[/b] will be performing.

:-)
Posted: 2/19/2007 9:14:58 AM
GordonC

...and Barbara Buchholz!

(and I've a couple more people in the pipeline. :-)
Posted: 3/1/2007 9:39:55 AM
ElectroMungo

Hello Gordon and you other Theremin Folks,

just a stupid question (maybe stupid because the answer could be hidden in one of the billions of posts about your event here in the threads, but to be honest i can not work through all due to limited time):

Is there a fix date for the event chosen now?

I would like to attend the event, maybe together with my wife, but this need some planning because of flight, hotel and maybe some interferences with a planned US trip and maybe with our planned family holidays.

So if you have the date, could you please let me know? Where can i register ? and so on....
Sorry, if this info is already available in an other thread or so, please be so kind and post a link.

best regards
arthur

P.S.: If i can help in any way, please let me know. The only crux is the physical distance of my home to London, but maybe some paperworks, graphical help for flyers, any advertising or marketing issues... up to you
Posted: 3/1/2007 2:50:12 PM
GordonC

Hi Arthur,

Hands Off will start on the evening of Friday the 27th of July and finish on the morning of Monday the 30th of July.

We have just received a contract from the venue and my able and qualified contracts manager, (Mrs C) is currently studying it in detail.

So we are closer to an announcement about taking bookings - it's a slow business but we're getting there. :-)
Posted: 3/1/2007 4:39:10 PM
ElectroMungo

Gordon, thanks,
that date looks good, i think then we´ll attend!!
I think this will be soo much fun.
Again, please let me know if i can help in any way to your preparations.
regards
arthur
Posted: 3/11/2007 4:42:56 AM
marxc2001

Hey Gordon,

That is fantastic news about those attending - this is looking to be really good.

Will be in touch with you soon,

Have fun.

MC
Posted: 3/11/2007 6:17:18 AM
unclechristo

I;m gigging on the Saturday but if day memberships were available I could come down on the Sunday for the day.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.