Best looping options?

Posted: 8/20/2009 3:17:36 PM
Jason

I was hoping to try out the world of theremin looping until I saw the Boss RC50 was $500! What else are people using for looping with theremin? Are there good options for live software-based looping?
Posted: 8/20/2009 7:48:10 PM
GordonC

For five dollars less you could build your own looper in Max/MSP, or for five hundred less in the freeware equivalent - pD (aka Pure Data.) Are you comfortable with dataflow languages?

Pamelia Kurstin and Barbara Buchholz use Line 6 loopers. Randy George uses Ableton Live.
Posted: 8/20/2009 8:54:08 PM
Jason

Ah, I'd forgotten about pD - thanks. I'll check it out. I'm hoping my netbook has enough horsepower to handle the audio processing since it's so portable. Still, having a pedal to control everything would be the most convenient.
Posted: 8/24/2009 2:15:59 PM
dae23

The Boss RC-2 Loop Station is $189.

I used to use the larger twin pedal version in a band I played in but only to trigger samples while playing bass, not for looping.
Posted: 8/24/2009 10:15:26 PM
teslatheremin

There is a Digi-Tech 'LoopMan' on sale in the 'Used' section of the 'Musician's Friend' internet store for $279.00. It is a great product, if One is not yet comfortable with computer programs for musical looping.
The coolest thing about this product is that a 2GB SD card can optionally be used with this device, instead of the 256KB card that comes preloaded. 2GB gives 6 hours of recording time spread amongst 99 recordable locations. USB lets any computer see it as a 'drive'.
Just a phono plug and you can foot-pedal a digital record of a Theremin performance.
Good Luck!
teslatheremin
Posted: 8/25/2009 7:58:51 AM
fintushel

I have a Digitech JAMMAN pedal that I'd part with for $200 + shipping, if you're interested. You can make loops of any length with it and store 99 backup tracks, etc. It's a long story, but I happen to have two, one of which I use all the time. I also use a DL4 in tandem with the JAMMAN. Nice thing about the JAMMAN is that you can connect to a computer via USB to edit tracks or backup or upload, etc.
Posted: 8/26/2009 7:09:32 PM
teslatheremin

fintushel,
You are very correct, Sir!
What size SD card will the prospective buyer of your Digi-Tech JAMMAN be sold with? The original 256K? I would love another one of these looping pedals.

But, I encourage Jason to jump on your offer.
Looping opens the mind.

The only feature that I wish the JAMMAN possessed was the ability to reverse a loop.
Oh, well, still a great looping pedal.
Good Luck!
teslatheremin

Posted: 8/27/2009 12:09:03 AM
fintushel

One gig card in the JAMMAN.

I also have a DL4 if anybody's interested--it has, however one eccentricity: occasionally, unpredictably, it gets a cold. I mean, it develops a low-level static that can be heard when it's supposed to be silent. Mysteriously, it just goes away again after a while.

$125 + shipping?
Posted: 4/22/2010 12:32:58 AM
Alana Johnson

I am building an interactive in Flash MX and I would like to make the projector go back to the main start screen if the mouse has been inactive for a certain amount of time. Does Flash have an internal clock or something I could utilize. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Alana Johnson
Community Manager
Datarecoverysoftware successful resolution
Posted: 4/22/2010 8:13:27 PM
teslatheremin

Ah---
What are you posting about?
We were-- many months ago-- posting about digital audio looping pedals and their ability to be used in real time for Theremin recording and performance.
Good Luck!
teslatheremin

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.