Option to send a message

Posted: 3/20/2013 2:31:23 AM
Amethyste

awww i tried to send Peter a love message but apparently, he disallowed this option :(. My heart is forever broken... 

Posted: 3/20/2013 10:53:22 AM
coalport

It snowed all night where I live and I had trouble sleeping, so I pulled out my ipad and watched a BBC documentary on gurus in India. What struck me about the whole thing was the extraordinary power of the religious/spiritual impulse in human beings - even in the most fervent atheist. 

The inevitable conclusion of all this is that somehow the belief in the vast array of gods, prophets, deliverers and spirits of the earth and sky that has characterized human societies from the dawn of history, has in some way favored our survival from the evolutionary standpoint. Our need to believe is innate in all of us.

Curiously, when the documentary neared the end, a familiar piece of music came up on the soundtrack. Just as I was trying to place what it was, a theremin began playing and I immediately recognized one of Samuel Hoffman's recordings from the late 1940's. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3R7vuMg52U#t=43m05s

Someone once defined "the devil" as any god other than your own!  LOL

Posted: 3/20/2013 6:56:01 PM
Jason

Thanks all. PM is only enabled for a few people right now while I shake out bugs. I hope to turn it on for all on Friday.

Posted: 3/20/2013 8:50:59 PM
Thierry

Even if some people will hate me now, I preferred to clean up this thread, removing the posts which were not related to the new PM feature or to the theremin in general.

Please use the new PM system for complaints!

Thierry

Posted: 3/20/2013 9:32:12 PM
roguewave

Can't find a "delete" option in the Profile page...

That could also be added!

Posted: 3/21/2013 3:32:08 AM
YodaSD

Okay I will/have deleted all the excess ones that I contributed.

and I copied the part that was relevant:

But as I like having generally on-topic discussions in forums, so...yeah, ummm... I completely agree that we should implement PM and give people the option to block other people from contacting them if they wish, just like any other IM or Email type feature, but I think that having PM set up quickly is more important than needing the blocking feature immediately.

Stephen

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.