MOOG THEREMINI USERS

Posted: 2/13/2015 7:13:55 PM
Thomas Grillo

Hello all! I saw the thread labeled Theremini Owners, but wasn't sure I should've posted this over there, or not so I thought I'd start this thread to provide a place where Theremini users can share preset files, as well as tips, and tricks pertinent to the operation, and use of the Moog Music Theremini. Mostly as a place to share files, video links of stuff you've done with the Theremini, ect.

In light of the need for the Theremini to be more useful to melodic thereminists, as I've mentioned in another thread where I showed how to make one preset, I've decided to share a library of my original presets on box.com.

The file is called Theremins2, and contains half a dozen straight tone theremin presets which sound like a flute, male "ah", nasally male "ah", spooky "ooo", a vintage RCA-ish tone, and an organ like tone. I've set these to be about 7 octaves in range, and turned off all delay effects for better operational performance.

You may download the file for free at:

https://app.box.com/s/yvesyrj1p6cuoyrq6joac6r5a9ep8073

Also, I've shot a youtube vid which features a form of assistive technology which allows sight impaired users of the Theremini to have reasonable access to the tiny display on the Theremini. You can see that demo at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imoR2j5R3y0

Enjoy!

Posted: 2/13/2015 10:05:11 PM
xtheremin8

@thomas, just want to say hello & thanks for a more classic sounding library. great mcguyverism you did for your purposes. 

Posted: 2/13/2015 10:13:14 PM
Thomas Grillo

@xtheremin8: You're welcome. I'm still working very hard on getting a tone that resembles the center setting of the Etherwave Pro, to some degree, though nothing will ever fully, and faithfully duplicate that sound. Once perfected, I'll publish that as well.

Posted: 2/13/2015 10:53:35 PM
CraftyWitch

Thank you Thomas. I appreciate everything that you are doing to help us Theremini owners. I look forward to more posts on this subject. 

Christina

Posted: 2/14/2015 12:04:57 AM
xtheremin8

@thomas, yeah, for creating sounds, the synth is a bit limited, regarding what's possible with animoog. and velocity. wish it was a bit more synth,(oscillators, lfos etc.) like the things discussed on tw throughout, of what could digitally be done. from this point of view:.... on the other hand, the feature of modulating sound, like "pitch tracking" or wave-scan, is new&nice to use. my youtube ears say: slight pitch tracking seems to emulate something that happens on real ones just by nature. some more waves moog? or a cook-book. theremidi-stew. anyway: you do great videos. just had a late one over your nick-knacks.lol.  and feed that dog, it's oh so tiny:-)

Posted: 2/14/2015 2:49:09 AM
Thomas Grillo

@xtheremin8: Yeh, she's so tiny, her entire head fits into a coffee mug. LOL. :)

Posted: 2/14/2015 4:49:43 AM
dewster

Thomas, nice video, thanks!  For the Rosie's sake I'm hoping that was decaf?

Posted: 2/15/2015 3:59:46 PM
Gary Honis

Thanks for the presets, Thomas.  Here's my contribution of 32 "Space Scapes" presets, all using the 12 hidden waveforms:

http://GaryHonis.com/ThereminiWaveforms/ThereminiWaveforms.html#presets

Gary

Posted: 2/15/2015 4:16:22 PM
Thomas Grillo

@Gary Honis: thanks, I'll download, and check out your work. Looking forward to exploring the presets.

Posted: 2/16/2015 2:25:41 AM
xtheremin8

gary, thanks for the presets. i'm about to finish my touchosc midi-controller and would like to ask you in which order you used those 12 voices for your preset-voices. as to be expected, it shows only "etherwave" in the editor. a preset/voice list maybe, would be lovely. thanks.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.