Forum Decorum Fails

Posted: 2/16/2020 7:14:30 PM
pitts8rh

The Amazing Disappearing Thread...

Apparently my calling out thread hijacking and name calling by quoting the offending post is worse than the actual hijacking and name calling. As of 1pm CST the thread below is still standing. 

Who pulled this thread?  Would you contact me by PM?

The following was posted by oldtemecula yesterday:

Posted: 2/16/2020 7:39:45 PM
oldtemecula

Pitt - Unless you post your rules I have no idea why you have a need to do this behavior. Unlike others all my posts have common sense value for the members of TW. You are a good artist, if there is something you are unable to grasp just ask, I have heard your theremin approach.

Christopher

Posted: 2/16/2020 8:18:57 PM
pitts8rh

I don't make any rules, Christopher.  But as I stated before, common forum courtesy and mutual respect would dictate that users 1) not hijack other people's threads with a barrage of links promoting their own work (unless directly related, of course), and 2) refrain from thinly veiled and childish insults and snipes (see above).  

"Those who give respect, get respect" - Tony Soprano

Posted: 2/16/2020 9:22:35 PM
oldtemecula

Obviously we live in different realities. There is no snow on the ground here, not even cold. Possibly my sense of humor you do not grasp, You do have skills I wish I had and did refer to a weenie. In no way was I referring to you, I saw that confused you. TW needs light hearted humor, I am sure a few here are enjoying your silliness, even this thread, I do. 

If it helps, that post you refer to has several graphics on it you do not see unless you use your VPN hook up. I do this to protect my ideas from people with great skills.

Who appointed you forum monitor?

Christopher
www.Hwy79.com

Edit: My post that irritated one because it worked has been deleted  If that thread had interest in my design, like me he would have saved the graphic. I am totally against filling TW & Google database with page after page of technical nonsense and gibberish that aids no-one in Classic Theremin design. This makes many think theremin building is much more complicated than it is.  As I always say "get a sound sample wav" to compare models.

Posted: 2/16/2020 11:25:35 PM
pitts8rh

"Who appointed you forum monitor?" - oldtemecula

I appointed myself to be the monitor of my posts, my threads, and any posts relevant to me or my topics.

If it helps, that post you refer to has several graphics on it you do not see unless you use your VPN hook up. I do this to protect my ideas from people with great skills.

The schematic puts your "weenie and his dog" insult in a much clearer context. Clever protection scheme you've got going there.

"I am now placing my thoughts elsewhere" - Stevens

Posted: 2/17/2020 5:06:36 AM
dewster

"I am totally against filling TW & Google database with page after page of technical nonsense and gibberish that aids no-one in Classic Theremin design."  - oltemecula

Christopher, I know you can't play the Theremin musically, but surely you can demonstrate the "perfect linearity" of your Phoenix / Electrodium via open / closed "fist popping" as you call it?  Anyone, even those without any Theremin experience, can do this, and as I have done so here for the D-Lev: [LINK].

I'll take the absence of a video from you as confirmation that you're just, as you also say, filling TW & Google database with page after page of technical nonsense and gibberish that aids no-one in Classic Theremin design.

*crickets*

[EDIT] So as to not further pollute the documentation of the pollution, I moved this to it's own thread here: [LINK].  Some things need to be addressed.

Posted: 2/17/2020 7:28:23 PM
rupertchappelle

What this country needs is a good linear fingerboard for violins, violas and cellos and a good linear fretboard for guitars, higher frequency notes deserve the same space as lower pitched notes. If someone does not come up with a way to fix this I may have to go back to playing a keyboard.

Posted: 2/17/2020 8:26:48 PM
dewster

"What this country needs is a good linear fingerboard for violins, violas and cellos and a good linear fretboard for guitars, higher frequency notes deserve the same space as lower pitched notes."  - rupertchappelle

Do a image search of guitar controllers - most of the serious ones are linear and I doubt that's by chance / accident.

I wonder if Theremin's "Theremincello" fingerboard was linear or non-linear?

And replying to (what I perceive is) the subtext: no, we unfortunately can't all just get along, though we almost universally would like to (I would!).  And yes, some such as yourself don't care about linearity, but other do.

Posted: 2/21/2020 6:51:31 PM
rupertchappelle

music is logarithmic not linear.

Posted: 2/28/2020 2:25:04 AM
dewster

"Hello TW,
Theremin Enthusiasts look at the above post.
Perfect Pitch Field Linearity
Static Discharge Proof
It has been two months so thought if weenie and dog do not pee on my leg I will bump it back up.
I get so tired of threads that go on for years, destroying the credibility of TW and the dream of many because they demonstrate nothing that works properly. Then they make a simple one weekend project seem complicated.
They would be fine if anything worked. Always get a sound byte of any build you want to make, that is what you will live with.
Christopher"  - oldtemecula, 2020-02-26

"I enjoyed this build. A little bit of different worlds and it works! Not daily posting of non-sense year after year.
When I use to hire people I prefered the quiet type. Those that talked too much could never close the deal.
Christopher"  - oldtemecula, 2020-02-27

Anybody who's been here for a while knows Christopher is clearly talking about me, and also about Roger.  Endless sniping.  Endless false claims.  Constant derailing of threads to push his Phoenix.  Constant bad faith arguing.  Can't even compliment someone without taking a swipe at me.

This has been going on for almost as long as I can remember, but he's getting worse, and I'd like it to stop now.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.