Claravox Centennial Theremin - Post Your Thoughts Here

Posted: 3/1/2021 2:03:50 AM
ellenm901

Very exciting! Keep us posted! I'm going to check my email too.

Posted: 3/2/2021 3:03:01 PM
feflower

I just contacted Cosmomusic (Toronto/Richmond Hill) via chat about the status.

They told me through chat that it is ready for pickup.
But I have not received an email.
Anyways, it seems like the wait is near over!

UPDATE
Just called and a human being said it was ready to be picked up!
Going now!

Posted: 3/2/2021 4:03:19 PM
Guillaume

Oh that’s exciting! When did you place the order originally?

Posted: 3/2/2021 4:08:45 PM
feflower

Oh that’s exciting! When did you place the order originally?

Late November 2020

Posted: 3/2/2021 4:25:46 PM
ContraDude

Very cool 😎 It looks like Moog seems to be delivering to our friends in Canada first! Congratulations!

Given the latest reports about pending deliveries, I just called my dealer, Prymaxe, and I barely started to say “Clara . . . “ before  I was told that they would “be shipping as soon as they’re received,” although they haven’t received any yet. Once they do, they’ll ship them in the sequence of oldest orders first. 

Given the quickness of his response, it sounded like they’re getting bombarded with calls so I asked if they had sold many. He responded that they “must have sold 150 of them.” Who knew there are so many thereminists out there 😀

FYI, I live rather close to where Prymaxe is located and asked if I could pick mine up when ready. Unfortunately, they said no but they’d ship ASAP.

Posted: 3/3/2021 4:38:18 PM
mountaineir

I ordered my claravox on October 23rd 2020 from guitarcenter.com.

Yesterday, I checked this forum and was excited to see some movement....at last!

This morning, I wake up and find an email from guitar center stating that my order had been CANCELLED!

Frantic phone call ensues.

They said that "the system", (never trust the damn system, man) has automatically cancelled the order as it had been backordered so long. Not a great explanation Or action.

So, the advisor told me he'd place the order again. But my credit card was declined. It was declined because the previous, cancelled order still showed the charges and could do so for up to 7 days.

Every month, since October, a pending charge for the full amount has shown up on my credit card, only to magically disappear a few days before the end of the month. Reappearing again a few days later. Screwing with my credit score for the past 5 months.

I cancelled all dealings with them.

Called sweetwater, placed a new order, 300th in line now. So my orders in on 6 month payments with sweetwater.

And I wonder, how "limited edition" is this thing? I had hoped that it might age like the fine Wine of the ether wave pro.....but if there's loads of them out there, maybe not.

I wonder if anyone has had similar frustrations, or any other thoughts on this process, or the instrument itself....

Posted: 3/3/2021 10:01:35 PM
gingercat

that would be so frustrating - Particularly knowing they wanted to place a new order for you. This was something you had to be in early for and a new order might not have even been supplied from Moog.

Interesting tho that there is still nothing on theMoog web site about shipping the Claravox so who knows

Posted: 3/3/2021 11:57:41 PM
CB Thereminist

Well, small update. It appears I was incorrect - I had placed an order for a Claravox Stand some time ago, and received news that my "order had been received" several days later and well after I had received the receipt for the item. I conflated this with news about the theremin due to the time delay. So no, it's sadly not being prepped for shipping. My sincerest apologies for getting everyone's hopes up, and to Steve's Music Store for causing any commotion.

That said... it seems a fellow Canadian is picking up their Claravox? This is very exciting news! But it seems to contradict what Steve's sent us (they directed their notice to multiple Claravox customers, so I assume an outpouring of inquiries occurred). We were told just today that Moog had not shipped any units out yet.

"Currently MOOG has not released any Claravox Centennial Theremin's to anyone.

The product is still in production and in the pre-sale stage."

This raises the question as to how Cosmo's seems to have them already. I guess we'll need to wait and see what's happening. Sorry again for the mistake everyone. But, at the very least, it's good to know the dealers are keeping a watchful eye on the situation.

Posted: 3/4/2021 12:12:08 AM
ContraDude

UPDATE

Just called and a human being said it was ready to be picked up!
Going now!

The big question is, did you get it? Hope so.

Given the latest news, which isn’t very encouraging, I wonder how many have been ordered so far. It appears as if 450+ have been ordered between just two dealers - 150+ with Prymaxe and 300+ with Sweetwater. I feel especially sorry for mountaineir and am so glad I didn’t order through Guitar Center - what they did to him is inexcusable! Ugh! 

Posted: 3/4/2021 12:45:30 AM
Doug

I reached out to Sweetwater today and they said that they should start shipping within a week.  Unfortunately, I ordered mine mid-November, so I won’t see mine for a bit but maybe I could have mine in a month or two?

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.