Actual information on Claravox

Posted: 11/5/2021 2:26:35 PM
SuzyQ

Just contacted my supplier again in Australia for an update... late January 2022 at the earliest.:/

Hi,

Number #52 arrived with me in Western Australia this morning.

It is unplayable, and I expect it will be going back next week....

So sad I ordered more than a year ago. I'm beyond upset about this.

Suzanne

Posted: 11/5/2021 3:24:55 PM
Yngvox Moogsteen

What company is shipping out these low number theremins?  Makes no sense.  Feel very lucky to have a pretty good running Claravox.  Good luck I hope you get yours up and running.  I want a violin cello sound and can’t quite get it where I want.  Female voices are very good and I got kind of an organ sound I like.  Really don’ get why register change was.not on traditional mode as on etherwave pro.  Definitely would be nice.  Almost makes you have to play modern mode for many songs.

Posted: 11/6/2021 3:45:37 AM
SplineReticulator

...but I kind of figured if I'm going to send it back eventually for being one of the lower numbers, I might as well do it right away.I'm curious what the turnaround time is on this service, from drop-off at FedEx to back at your home. I've been procrastinating sending mine (#0092) back because I don't want to be without it longer than necessary.

Mine came back from Moog today. That's 15 days from when I mailed it off. For whatever that's worth. I just got the second covid shot yesterday and I've been pretty drained all day, so I haven't spent any time playing it yet. Hopefully tomorrow I can check it out.

Posted: 11/7/2021 10:31:11 PM
Peragere

Just contacted my supplier again in Australia for an update... late January 2022 at the earliest.:/Hi,Number #52 arrived with me in Western Australia this morning.It is unplayable, and I expect it will be going back next week....So sad I ordered more than a year ago. I'm beyond upset about this.Suzanne

I'm sorry to hear that Suzanne, such a low number must have been sent over on the slow boat.

Hope you get it all sorted.

Posted: 11/10/2021 8:47:36 PM
Gibarian

At least the repair process appears to be reasonably quick, considering the instrument had to be shipped from Europe to the US and back.

2021-09-11: Claravox #40 returned to the local dealer
2021-09-13: Dealer ships Claravox to Moog
2021-11-08: Moog sends me FedEx tracking info
2021-11-10: Package in transit from the US to EU
2021-11-15: Delivery planned

EDIT:
Disregard that. I just noticed the package only weighs 450g. It's most likely the audio cassette... ("A Theremin Story").

Posted: 11/18/2021 11:10:47 PM
Yngvox Moogsteen

Did anyone else notice Musicians Friend, guitar center and many other sources are only taking left handed Claravox orders?  Sweetwater quit taking orders a while ago.  Also today  Pitbull price of in stock Claravox rose 400.00$.  Have they gone out of production?  Weird.. Glad I got mine, even with its eccentricities and quirks.

Posted: 11/19/2021 4:06:36 AM
dewster

"Did anyone else notice Musicians Friend, guitar center and many other sources are only taking left handed Claravox orders?"  Yngvox Moogsteen

Don't quote me because I haven't tried it, but I think can switch the handedness with a screwdriver.

Posted: 11/19/2021 5:05:48 AM
Yngvox Moogsteen

I had heard the design was suited to easier switching.  My point was why are the right handed becoming unavailable?  Is the volume antenna the same?  If not maybe a limited amount of each?  Just wondering about why some sellers have stopped selling right handed models only.  I thought it odd.. 
Thanks 

Posted: 12/11/2021 3:08:00 PM
Yngvox Moogsteen

I am getting a new IPad that can run Claravox software.  Can’t wait.. Anyone got any comments on the software?  Looks exciting. Also can anyone give me some help using Claravox to control Korg miniloge with midi? Thanks 
Great technical minds at ThereminWorld.  

Posted: 12/11/2021 8:18:42 PM
ContraDude

I am getting a new IPad that can run Claravox software.  Can’t wait.. Anyone got any comments on the software? 

I just tried (finally) to connect my CVox to my iPads (both of them) and neither would recognize the instrument. I tried different cables and still no luck. However, I then tried connecting it to my Mac Book Pro and that did recognize the CVox. Very strange! 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.