Claravox Centennial- known issues, bugs and quirks

Posted: 9/4/2021 5:10:32 PM
DiggyDog

I’m still waiting for my pre-paid Fed Ex label from Moog.

If I ever get it I’ll ship it back to them for repair.

I’m extremely unhappy with now. 

Posted: 9/4/2021 7:35:40 PM
DiggyDog

Serial numbers 00100 and 00218 are dead as well.

Gilda Razani #8
tcordara #29, #34 (jumping pitch)
hudri #39
Gibarian #40
UROMASTYX #95
Charlie Draper #00100 no sound 
DiggyDog #132
johnthom #133
#00218 no sound 

The Claravox is the Edsel of Zunes. 

Posted: 9/4/2021 8:00:15 PM
ContraDude

DiggityDog > “The Claravox is the Edsel of Zunes.”

LOL! I just compared my list with yours - I have the same (I’m keeping track too), except I didn’t know about Charlie’s. 

i’ve just posted the “fix” that dewster and I found after HOURS of work. Dewster posted the technical details on another thread here. While my video is much less detailed and has been posted elsewhere, here it is again to help others find it.

I will NEVER purchase anything from with Moog or Prymaxe again. Their definition of “customer service” is an oxymoron. 

Posted: 9/7/2021 12:55:18 AM
kellfire

First off I'd like to say thank you all for your diligence and knowledge. I ordered my CVox on 10/24 from Sweetwater and have been on a similar emotional rollercoaster. Reading these threads over the past 9 months has been something like a gripping thriller... When will my Claravox arrive? Will it even be playable when it does? If so, for how long? Will I have to send it back?  
I'm glad that at least there are competent humans here assuaging my mounting fears with know-how, determination, and a spirit of community. Apparently it takes a village to get one's theremin to work as promised. Shame on Moog indeed. 

Cheers! 

p.s. Jason from Sweetwater said a few weeks ago that it would most likely ship end of September. Not counting my chickens just yet. 

Posted: 9/8/2021 3:17:26 PM
DreadVox

I've decided to cancel my order of a Claravox + stand and just got notified by Thomann that they accept the cancellation. I'm disappointed by the way Moog has been behaving, and the additional fact that they have discontinued the production of their Etherwave models makes me feel and think that I actually don't want Moog to have my money anymore. My experience with the Etherwave Plus was pretty painless, but the memories of the endless frustrations around my Theremini did come up again too. So I'm out of the loop of future Claravox owners. Best of luck to those of you who still have one on order is all I can say now.

Posted: 9/9/2021 1:53:56 AM
Peragere

I've decided to cancel my order of a Claravox + stand and just got notified by Thomann that they accept the cancellation. I'm disappointed by the way Moog has been behaving, and the additional fact that they have discontinued the production of their Etherwave models makes me feel and think that I actually don't want Moog to have my money anymore. My experience with the Etherwave Plus was pretty painless, but the memories of the endless frustrations around my Theremini did come up again too. So I'm out of the loop of future Claravox owners. Best of luck to those of you who still have one on order is all I can say now.

I had this exact conversation with my wife on the one I have ordered. She really wants a theremin, so we decided to fork out another $275 for a 3 year extended warranty.

Here's to it being everything she hopes for and more.

Fingers crossed.

Posted: 9/14/2021 11:53:51 PM
Peragere

DiggityDog > “The Claravox is the Edsel of Zunes.”LOL! I just compared my list with yours - I have the same (I’m keeping track too), except I didn’t know about Charlie’s. i’ve just posted the “fix” that dewster and I found after HOURS of work. Dewster posted the technical details on another thread here. While my video is much less detailed and has been posted elsewhere, here it is again to help others find it.I will NEVER purchase anything from with Moog or Prymaxe again. Their definition of “customer service” is an oxymoron.

Any update on how it's travelling?

Posted: 9/24/2021 3:30:24 AM
DiggyDog

My Claravox comes back tomorrow.

The folks at Moog have upgraded the antennas and mounting hardware and “made a modification to the volume antenna oscillator card”.

These upgrades are standard on the latest batch of instruments. 

In other news, the second one I ordered is also due to arrive tomorrow. 

Posted: 9/25/2021 3:28:01 PM
azure711

Received mine last week but have been looking after my covid suffering wife and was only afforded an opportunity to play today.
Same problem as everyone else it seems. Worked fine for about 20 minutes before the volume started fading and sputtering and then nothing.
Also, my volume loop has nasty scratches and marks all over it so tbh, I was going to have to get that sorted anyway.

Have dealt with Absolute Music rather than with Moog direct but I assume they will be sending it back to Moog.

My serial number is 00188

Posted: 9/25/2021 3:44:45 PM
azure711

Received mine last week but have been looking after my covid suffering wife and was only afforded an opportunity to play today.Same problem as everyone else it seems. Worked fine for about 20 minutes before the volume started fading and sputtering and then nothing.Also, my volume loop has nasty scratches and marks all over it so tbh, I was going to have to get that sorted anyway.Have dealt with Absolute Music rather than with Moog direct but I assume they will be sending it back to Moog.My serial number is 00188

Here's a snap of the loop antenna complete with  marks and scratches. I understand we are all negotiating tricky times right now but this is, in my view a little naughty

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KUSuuWXncFPSrqFx7

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.