Completed: D-Lev Digital Theremin Prototype PIII

Posted: 7/17/2021 2:41:37 AM
dewster

"Watching the Claravox catapulting out of the box and landing on )presumably wet) grass was the most egregious abuse of a brand new instrument I believe I’ve ever seen."  - ContraDude

I just about died too.

"The UI of the D-Lev is displayed on your P3 in its full glory - clean and simple"

I've designed and built a certain amount of electronic stuff (not a ton) and try to lay out the controls so that the need for labeling is minimized.  Part of the goal is ergonomic, part is practical in that I can't make pretty / durable labels.  Results have been mixed, I made a function generator that semi-puzzles me whenever I whip it out.  But the D-Lev UI seems fairly self-explanatory sans labeling - the display really helps here, and it's a little weird that the Claravox doesn't have at least a one line LCD.  Lots of encoders are a real luxury too, and having them obviously correspond to LCD locations is a natural.

I sincerely hope the D-Lev lives up to your expectations!

Posted: 7/17/2021 2:59:53 AM
RSchwim

All very exciting! Can’t wait to check it out!! 

Posted: 7/17/2021 3:11:45 AM
dewster

"All very exciting! Can’t wait to check it out!!"  - RSchwim

I'm excited that you're excited! :-)

Posted: 7/18/2021 8:16:25 PM
ContraDude

I sincerely hope the D-Lev lives up to your expectations! < dewster

I have no doubt that it will! Everything you post just raises the level of anticipation!😀

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.